EU CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM
In 2016, the Cyprus Council of Ministers approved the amendments to the Scheme for Naturalization’s of Investors in Cyprus by Exception. Said scheme is based on subsection (2) in section 111A of the Civil Registry Laws of 2002-2015. Any non-Cypriot citizen may apply for Cypriot citizenship through Naturalization by Exception if the applicant makes an investment of at least €2,000,000 for the purchase of real estate or invests in any Cypriot companies and business. Citizenship is granted to the whole family, their spouse and all financially dependent children under 28 years old.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years
- Certificate of No Criminal need to be
- Either make an investment of at least €2,000,000 for the purchase or construction of real estate. OR
- Invest at least €2.5 million in commercial units in Cyprus, including a residential property valued at €500,000 plus
Option A – Residential property investment
Investing €2 million (plus VAT) in residential property in Cyprus.
Option B – Commercial investment
When the investment includes any commercial units, then the total investment should be €2.5 million (plus VAT) in Cyprus [the required residential property must be valued at a minimum of €500,000 (plus VAT)].
The main investment may be sold after a period of three (3) years, however, the investor must always maintain a residential property in Cyprus, with the value of €500,000 or greater (plus VAT).
Advantages of the program
Obtain EU citizenship within 7-8 months.
Citizenship is granted to the parents, spouse and dependent children of the investor. Valid for life.
Reside, work, and study freely in any EU member state (including Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Visa-free travel to over 150 countries worldwide.
No need to physically reside in Cyprus. No language requirements.
Cyprus Investment Residency Program
Cyprus the birthplace of Aphrodite-Venus, Goddess of Love and Beauty. It is an attractive place to reside, with a warm and stable climate, located in a convenient geographical position in the eastern Mediterranean.
In accordance with the newly issued immigration policy, section 6 (2), the inner conference in the Ministry of the Interior of Cyprus decided to grant the immigration permits to the applicants who meet the following investment requirements.
- The main requirement is to purchase property with a total market value at least €300,000 (plus VAT). (The contract of sale must be submitted to the Cyprus Department of Land and Surveys).
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old
- A certificate of no criminal history must be
- Residence Permits are granted to the main applicant’s whole family, including their spouse, any financially dependent children under 25 years of age, and the parents of the applicant and
- The applicant must provide supporting evidence of a secured annual income of at least €30,000 that is derived from outside of This income increases by €5,000 for each additional dependent, and €8,000 for each dependent parent.
- The applicant must deposit a minimum of €30,000 from abroad into a Cyprus bank account, which will be frozen for a period of three
Advantages of the Program
Strategically located at the crossroads of three continents – Africa, Asia, and Europe – Cyprus is the transportation hub of the Eastern Mediterranean.
Healthy and robust economy, managed to sustain this stability despite the economic crisis and world recession. One of the lowest corporate tax rates in the EU at 12.5 percent.
High standard of living, a gateway to EU countries. The government encourages foreign investment. Fast track application procedure, within 2-3 months. No residency requirement, no language requirement.
The Resident Permit is granted to the whole family, their spouse, any financially dependent children under 25 years old, and the parents of the applicant and spouse.
The lowest crime rate in Europe, making it one of the safest place to live.