Dependant Visa

What is Dependant Visa?

If a primary applicant is holding a visa other than his own country, his spouse or fiancé or children may be entitled to apply for a dependent Visa and they can join the main applicant as long as the primary applicant’s visa is valid.

Presently there are over thirty countries that permit married partner or even children to work if they are eligible. Some of the countries like the UK, the Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada allows  spouses and partners to work, Hongkong and also the USA allows  married spouses to work, East Asian country like Japan and  Singapore don’t allow full right to work but yet they offer some simplified procedures for married or accompanying spouse.

Some of the examples are given below:


  • In Australia, dependents may get a work permit based on the primary applicant’s work permit status and provided the primary applicant is on a highly skilled work permit.


  • In Canada, dependents may get a work permit based on the primary applicant’s work permit status and provided the primary applicant is on a highly skilled work permit.


  • our non-EU spouse, (grand) children or (grand) parents do not need to get a visa from the country they are traveling to if: The residence card should clearly state that the holder is a family member of an EU national.


  • Dependents can work in Germany once they are able to find a job. There is no need for the dependent to make any changes to their residence permit. All they will need is a work permit document if they need to start work. The dependant has to submit the job contract to the immigration office for the work permit.

Hong kong

  • Hongkong allows dependents to work for most employment visas.


  • In Singapore, dependents can apply for jobs as long as the employer gets a letter of consent from the Ministry of manpower and this is offered, If the primary applicant is on a highly skilled work permit.


  • In the UK Dependants can get a work permit based on the primary applicant’s work permit status and if the Primary applicant is working on a highly skilled work permit.


  • A dependant on H4 cannot work under conditions and while the primary applicant is on H1..
  • A dependant on L2 can work while the primary applicant is on L1.

Students Dependant Visa:

If a student is studying abroad and if he or she is married, there is likely a chance to start feeling lonely sometimes and start thinking of your family or wife and contemplate on bringing them over and join you. Since your dependant are back home and they are your responsibility as much as they are for you. A student can apply for a dependent Visa and bring their spouse into the country you are residing in.

  • Wherever a student is studying and whichever country, there are certain norms different countries follow to bring dependants.


  • A dependant visa can be obtained only after a student completes his studies once he/she starts working and must apply and hold an Employment pass/ Entrepreneur pass / S pass* and, most essentially your annual income is 5,000 SGD per month or more.
  • Any of the dependants, spouse/common-law partner should apply for a Singapore dependent’s pass to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and it’s at the department’s discretion if a visa could be granted to the application.

Dependant’s work rights in Singapore!

  • A Dependant pass holder is eligible to work in Singapore provided a Letter of Consent (LoC) is given to the Ministry of Manpower. There is a condition that the period of work will entirely depend on the work visa that the S pass is tied to. In case a dependant pas holder wants to study at any Institution in Singapore, he/she needs to apply for a student visa.

United States

  • In the USA only married couples are granted a dependent status as per the US government.
  • The main applicant needs to present sufficient proofs of financial sources declaring you’ll be able to support your spouse and children in the USA. Before you start applying for a dependent visa, there will specific norms for each university. The primary applicant’s spouses can apply for F2, J2 or H4 visa to attain the dependent status. F2 means the spouse can neither work nor study, except vocational courses like cooking, language, writing, pottery, etc. – which doesn’t lead to any academic achievement or jobs. If the dependants are your children who are above 21 years, then you cannot bring them on international visas.
  • For more information, you need to speak to our dedicated advisors who will tell you all the pros and cons of taking your spouse abroad during your higher studies.

Talk to our Expert Team

  • +91 9000586000


  • Monday to Saturday - 10 AM to 7 PM

Play Video

Play Video Play Video

What our clients say about us!

Miryala Rohithreddy
Miryala Rohithreddy
Read More
Recently i got my study visa in Australia and i am very happy with their services regarding my profile and i thank to swathi madam for her support and i highly recommend you to join this vjc counsultancy to get u r visa on time.
Ashok Korrapati
Ashok Korrapati
Read More
@Swathi. very encouraging , guiding consultancy. I was feeling so proud on VJC because they were assisted me well than other consultancy and I'm happy to found this consultancy... and if anybody wants to visit in your dream country I got my F1 Visa 🙂 Thank you so much VJC 🙂
Hemanth Challa
Hemanth Challa
Read More
best consultancy which i have visited so for., and i got my student visa for australia., best receiving by the consultants(swathi madam) in the premisses and the updates they give to the students. Very thankfull to be here.
Alekya Shetty
Alekya Shetty
Read More
A good consultancy to approach for your visa process. They care and guide you in a right way.Good response for everything and on time. Thanks to VJC (Veni Ma’m).I got my f2 visa.
Vijaya Lakshmi Nuthalapati
Vijaya Lakshmi Nuthalapati
Read More
Very good consultants and gave lot of info about various universities.Good assistance from them... really fulfills the customer satisfaction...... thanks to VJC team.
Mohd. Sohail Armaan
Mohd. Sohail Armaan
Read More
i am very happy with these consultancy service. they helped me lot and n encourged with my scores. I would like thank Veni mam Ganesh Sir for his help and supporting me always….:)

We are verified with...